Sunday, August 12, 2007

Way Back



I do love the Way Back Machine. I found some old pages of my old site and kind of miss its homespun charm (lack of html skills notwithstanding). Why there's a bathing otter in this one, I don't recall. Some of the drawings (and I have no business drawing, have no drafting skills, sketch like a 10-year old) aren't really all that bad... I'm inspired to pick up the pen again*.

My blog entries were somehow more entertaining back then too. Hmm. Here's an excerpt, which unfortunately, while amusing, does demonstrate my ineffable self-centeredness.

Things That Happened On My Birth Day

  • NASA realized the first test of "Abort-Test-1" the automatic rescue system of "Apollo" spacecraft
  • Elston Howard of the New York Yankees became the first black player to win the American League's MVP Award
  • "Lucy Goes Duck Hunting" Lucy Show episode airs -- first episode in color
  • Fireball observed, shock wave felt, over San Francisco Bay area. Unidentified signal picked up by local radio station.
  • Australian singer Little Pattie released her first single, "He's My Blonde Headed Stompie Wompie Real Gone Surfer Boy," which by January 1964 had reached No.2 on the Top 40 charts, held back from No.1 by The Beatles' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand."

*Off to Pearl Paint for some supplies.

0 comments:

 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags