Saturday, November 29, 2008

Juxtapositions

Feeling queasy over TV-watching this weekend: juxtaposition between shadowy terrorists and horrific killings in Mumbai and the manic consumers who trampled the poor soul at a Long Island Walmart on Black Friday. I THINK I know which is ... worse ... but. I spent way too much time on Twitter #mumbai just watching the news roll in, mesmerized, saddened, amazed.

A long walk (50 blocks and 4 hours) with S. today to hit nearly every floor at Saks (wtf?) somehow helped. I didn't really buy anything, just ogled the madness. Done. No more shopping for me.

Plus I already have my magic stone (thank you, FD) plus books (among them a couple of Arturo Perez-Reverte's -- good stuff) and a plenty of fodder for the new project.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags