Sunday, August 23, 2009

More from Maine

Dang. Blogger blurred my photo. Oh well, you get the idea... One other thing from Maine trip. There was a mysterious occurrence of a multitude of small holes made in our lovely lawn. We speculated: moose! Gophers a la Caddyshack. P. the expert concluded skunks. I was like, yeah, right. Then one night I awoke to a most horrible smell, overwhelming powerful and putrid. The dog was sleeping in my room and the smell was coming from her, poor dear. I smelled her furry head and recoiled in horror. Skunk!!! I didn't sleep much that night and by the next day the smell had dissipated from both my room and the dog. A Have-a-Heart trap set by my dad has yet to yield a single skunk.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags