Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Goodbye, Bear


Made it back from a beautiful weekend in Maine. It rained 24/7 and averaged about 63 degrees. Delightful. Even better, a watershed event: my 74-year old dad finally sold his wooden boat after years of trying. The weight off his shoulders, measured in sweat and frustration and money, equals the boats tonnage, I swear.

But I'll miss her, Bear, very very much. I teared up several times as we contemplated her absence as a family. She was no slick yacht but had her charms and well, I actually can't reminisce now, or I'll cry. Here's a nice picture and details, and no, she's not for sale anymore. A nice couple from Vinalhaven now owns her. Enjoy.

Highlights of this trip included the birthday party for my dad, seeing the rest of the family and the good food and downtime. Someone unearthed an old photo of me. Wow. Happy kid. At least I think I was happy.

Wow, I look good all blurry (new blog photo). But enough about me. I hope the 18 gabillion viewers of the Olympics this summer are as inspired and awed as me. Wow. Most exciting one I can remember. Michael Phelps, you rock.

Oh, and after all my bitching about "losses" (see below, or ... don't) well, things to turn out okay sometimes. Trainer is all the happier for being outta my gym and working with me and others at a different, smaller place in the far West Village. Just as good, different and I'm so so happy to be able to keep going. And supposedly Geraldo Rivera works out there too. Um, cool. I overheard that.. and that he likes to listen to heavy metal house music while training. Um. Okay.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags