Monday, October 6, 2008

Fish in a Barrel

So I'm a week behind. I think I'll always be a week behind, after last week. Meaning, I (and everyone else) has sort of lost time... at least in terms of our 2 and 5 and 10 year plans, thanks to the clowns on Wall Street and in Washington.

Anyway, I caught the Intrepid museum ship on her way back to her berth alongside Manhattan. Kinda historic and kinda cool to see in person, if fleetingly.

Weekend highlights included watching In Bruges (great small funny movie -- and I'll watch anything with Ralph Fiennes in it. Plus that Colin Farrell is exquisitely amusing when he plays dumb). A low point was seeing Religulous with S. It was Michael Moore lite... and -- somehow apropos -- shooting fish in a barrel. Making fun of religious fanatics is waaaaay too easy. And this just after what I felt was the best Real Time I'd seen, with Alec Baldwin, Gary Shandling and Christiane Amanpour. Great stuff. Catch it if you can...

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags