Saturday, September 27, 2008

Frog Legs and Watermelon Soup

Wednesday night found me at a cocktail reception for the Museum of Arts & Design (what a great acronym!) on Columbus Circle with Stash. Now that makes it sounds like I have a life, doesn't it? Well... the jury's still out on that one.

Last night I was out until the wee hours with E.B. after a concert -- Jackopierce, a nice harmonizing guitar-playing duo, a smidge too country-sounding for me but easy on the ear and enthusiastic and sweet -- and then a nice dinner and wine at a little French bistro in the bustling Meatpacking District (with B&T'ers and transvestites and youngsters and omg I'm so old :) I had frog legs with watermelon soup. Seriously.

To celebrate dropping another size (yay) I ate a piece of Joe's pizza while watching the first show of this season's ER this rainy afternoon. Tragedy! Makai Pfeiffer's character died on the operating table. {{sob}} Okay, maybe I'm not so old. Maybe I'm actually incredibly immature. So be it. He's a hot tamale and ER won't be the same without him.

Tonight I watch the debate. Since I missed it last night. It won't be easy, even having heard what I've heard so far. That McCain is being considered as a viable candidate for our President, along with that joke from Alaska, hurts my heart. It actually hurts to imagine that our country is so damnably messed up that there are people who want more of what we've gone through in the last eight years. To imagine that actually happening is, well, unthinkable. As I've said before, I don't talk about politics much here, since there are so many more articulate people out there on the subject. Maybe it's time to do some talking anyway. Stay tuned.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags