Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Redux

Okay, that last post was titled "Liquidity" because I had meant to mention the weirdness that was the occasion of me going into old standby National Wholesaler Liquidators on lower Broadway because I needed some cheap hand towels (cat-related; don't ask). That's right, folks, NWL is... liquidating. What do you do when your liquidator... liquidates?

Well, you buy a whole lot of things you really REALLY don't need (I'm talking questionable surge protectors and old lipstick) for really cheap. Note: sorry I had to link to consumeraffairs.com but I couldn't locate a better link. And it's funny, if you have time. Especially the guy who feels the need to use a portion of his obviously precious time to post:

unfornately it was night time so i could talk to any body so i had to impatiiently wait for dawn to broke so at 9;15am i called and explained to the manager who told me i must come to the store with the receipt unfortunately for my i had misplaced the receipt and 2ndly i had a very busy week-end so i had to take the entire saturday and sunday to look for the receipt and finally i found inside my trash can.

I have to go now. I succumbed to a nasty cold/flu/wtf that has me feverish and dizzy and achy and the only respite is bed. I hate this. I do have to say that the outpouring of offers from outer borough friends to bring me soup and stuff warmed my heart. Which I needed (at least during the cold, shivery phase of my ailment). Winter sucks, no? But friends make it all worthwhile.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Netvibes View blog top tags